InnQuirer - Branch Magazine
InnQuirer is the Branch Magazine for Furness CAMRA (sometimes referred to as a Newsletter although that dates from the time when it would have been a small publication listing local branch information).
July 2021 update We still are unable to produce and distribute a printed version of InnQuirer until CAMRA permits and even then, it will be a difficult task to get things up-and-running given the fact that the last printed version was early in 2020!
It may be feasible to produce an online version as we did previously but since that would be based on a downloadable electronic facsimile of the physical version, the work involved would be pretty much the same as for a printed version. Obviously, articles and information content would be required and although that would be possible, it does mean that we would need contributions from members and since most, if not all, of us haven't really been doing pub visits during the pandemic, that could be a challenge! Producing the magazine takes time and for a printed version, there would be a significant cost which would normally be offset by advertising revenue. At present, we have no real feel for how many of our regular advertisers would want to return to advertising and some may not even be around any more. We can't produce a magazine that incurs a loss so managing that will take some time.
On top of that, the pubs would need to be comfortable with their customers handling paper copies.
However, all is not gloom as we may well be able to produce an electronic version without incurring costs as long as we can make it interesting.
At present, all we can say is keep watching our social media feeds for the latest status.
When published, the Magazine is a full-colour publication containing our Branch Diary and Craic (local word for 'gossip') about local pubs and breweries plus adverts as well as local information such a CAMRA discounts, LocAle pubs (pubs where you can buy beer brewed in the Furness area and some breweries bordering on the area) and articles about local events, presentations and festivals. Previous copies (before the pandemic temporarily halted production) are available as a downloadable pdf file here:
- InnQuirer Issue 74 - Spring/Early Summer 2020 Tuesday 31 March 2020
- InnQuirer Issue 73 - Winter 2019/20 Thursday 9 January 2020
- InnQuirer Issue 72 - Autumn 2019 Wednesday 16 October 2019
- InnQuirer Issue 71 - Summer 2019 Friday 5 July 2019
- Rochefort 10 Tasting Notes Article linked to Issue 71 Monday 24 June 2019
- InnQuirer Issue 70 - Spring 2019 Tuesday 9 April 2019
- Innquirer Issue 69 - Winter 2018/9 Monday 7 January 2019
- InnQuirer Issue 68 - Autumn 2018 Sunday 7 October 2018
- InnQuirer Issue 67 - Summer 2018 Tuesday 3 July 2018
- InnQuirer Issue 66 - Spring 2018 Thursday 29 March 2018
- InnQuirer Issue 65 - Winter 2017/18 Monday 22 January 2018
- InnQuirer - Issue 64 Autumn 2017 Saturday 7 October 2017
- InnQuirer - Issue 63 Summer 2017 Thursday 6 July 2017
- InnQuirer - Issue 62 Spring 2017 Thursday 6 April 2017
- InnQuirer - Issue 61 Winter 2016/7 Thursday 8 December 2016
- InnQuirer - Issue 60 Autumn 2016 Monday 10 October 2016
- InnQuirer - Issue 59 Summer 2016 Tuesday 2 August 2016
- InnQuirer - Issue 58 Spring 2016 Wednesday 1 June 2016
- InnQuirer - Issue 57 Autumn 2015 Friday 1 January 2016
- InnQuirer - Issue 56 Summer 2015 Thursday 27 August 2015
- InnQuirer - Issue 55 Spring 2015 Friday 22 May 2015
- InnQuirer - Issue 54 Winter 2015 Friday 20 February 2015
- InnQuirer - Issue 53 Autumn 2014 Sunday 30 November 2014
- InnQuirer - Issue 52 Summer 2014 Thursday 17 July 2014
- InnQuirer - Issue 51 Spring 2014 Tuesday 15 April 2014
- InnQuirer - Issue 50 Winter 2013/14 Wednesday 8 January 2014
- Furness InnQuirer - Summer 2013 Tuesday 20 August 2013
- Furness InnQuirer - Spring 2013 Sunday 5 May 2013
- Furness InnQuirer - Winter 2012 Wednesday 2 January 2013
- Furness InnQuirer - Autumn 2012 Thursday 6 September 2012
- Innquirer Issue 40 Sunday 14 August 2011